Answer to the World's Problems

Friday, September 14, 2012


Not at all, but I think I've discovered a nifty solution to take care of Merwin's separation anxiety. We need to get him a gmail account. Gmail has a built in "chat" function, which is how I stay updated with the lives of my brothers and friends, chat with Simon about what he's making for dinner, and correspond with my life coach about fashion. If we could get Merwin to type, he'd have an open line of communication to us while home alone! No more squishing himself under the couch or anxiously staring at the door for hours on end.

This is what it would be like:

Kelly says: Hi Merwin.
Merwin says: Woof (Hi crazy lady that brings me furry things that squeak even though I have too many furry things that squeak and just really want to have a squirrel that I can chase around the house and rip out its insides which may or may not squeak but I don't care.)
Kelly says: How is your day going?
Merwin says: Woof (I ate and pooped. I saw seven squirrels on my walk but whenever I get close they run up trees and you never let me run up trees.)
Kelly says: Oh, wow. That's great.
Merwin says: Arf (Give me a treat.)
Kelly says: Well I'll be home a little later.
Merwin says: Squeal (That's great. I'm going to get really excited now and wag my tail and wag my butt and run laps around the house and squeal like a pig. What do you mean, "later?")

On second thought, I'm glad he doesn't talk or type.

No comments:

Post a Comment