Crazy Christmas Ckelly

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

While I believe I have successfully toned it down in recent years, my holiday excitement has not waned despite the forced purging of reindeer and snowman tchotchkes (seriously, spell check??). This past weekend we had the pleasure of journeying into my first-ever experience with a tree farm to select this year's iconic seasonal symbol. The conversation with the tree farmers went something like this:

Farmer: We've got lots of varieties!
Kelly: Which lasts the longest?
Farmer: Well they're all pretty fresh since you'll be cutting it down yourself.
Kelly: I need this thing until March.
Farmer: Um.

Yeah, so if you added thousands of tiny puppies and an unlimited supply of hot pizzas, I think a Christmas tree farm is my idea of heaven. After 45 minutes of fondling dozens of trees, investigating them for their scent sensibility, and carefully evaluating fullness, we agreed upon a beautiful balsam fir.

Is this real!?
Scientific analysis of tree structure.

Um, getting a good feel for the scent.
Installed!

1 comment: