October Mist

Wednesday, October 4, 2017



It has been interesting to be here so regularly this time of year when we were so infrequently present for this seasonal shift in the past. I remember the slow reduction of humans around the lake, the larger presence of other animals, and the emergence of golden leaves, but what I don't recall is the morning mist rising up from the water. The last few mornings have provided a real visual treat with the cool pre-sunrise air pulling the heat of the lake into the atmosphere. It has also been fascinating to watch it slowly burn off as the sun hits the water. 

These moments are the ones that, when I look back on this time, I want to remember. The little delights I get to experience, the quiet solitude of savoring something I'd otherwise miss out on. I'm so fortunate. I am grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment