I Love Dogs

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Double the fun---so happy!!
Yes, I'm obsessed with my own, but I also really believe that dogs (and pets in general) can do some seriously amazing things.  I don't mean jump through flaming hoops or learn a choreographed dance routine wearing a spangled jacket (this has happened) but I mean unify humans, ease pain, and enrich lives in ways that really make a difference. 

Walking down the street with Merwin brings more random smiles and "awwws" that I can recollect.  After a long day, seeing his nose squishing under the door in anticipation of my arrival alters my mood no matter what transpired at work.

Dogs are capable of bringing real happiness where maybe there is none.  They drive people to care and to smile a little, if even for just a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment