It's Here! Stitchfix #2!

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

It seemed like a long wait since my first fix and it was super exciting to find the box at the door when I got home tonight! This time I did a better job not peeking at my account to see what was in the shipment so was surprised upon opening it. I immediately LOVED the colors and textures--springy, lacy, stripey...all things I adore.

I started with the Lace Detailed Short Sleeve Sweater by Under Skies. Lace on clothes always makes me happy. This one was a little tricky though. The mint color didn't necessarily flatter my pale skin and the top section of the sweater is just the lace, making it slightly transparent. How does one handle this with bra straps?! I'm still undecided...what do you think?

So then I moved onto the High Waisted Cropped Pants by Margaret M. They really didn't fit right and were not so special in the, um, rump area. Pants without much structure don't do it for me, and these were another slip-on, no pocket, no distinct waistband kind of thing. Quickly nixed them, although I am on the prowl for some similar patterned ankle pants. I paired them with the Aiya Eyelet Detail Blouse, also by Under Skies. Adorable! And way too big. It's unfortunate because I like this style, love the eyelet around the neckline and, as my stylist mentioned in her note, could use it as a perfect mid-season layering staple.

As you can see, at this point Merwin was totally perplexed about what was happening and desperate for his evening walk! The last two items in the box were the Westerly Textured Stripe Knit Top by Collective Concepts and the Roxanna Chevron Open Knit Cardigan by TCEC.

I'm on the fence about these. I LOVE the short sleeve striped top. The two pleats at the top are a nice touch, the fabric is comfy with a bit of texture, and I love black stripes. But it's a little boxy. And the open cardigan has great colors for spring, is something I would never select on my own, and would be another nice transition piece. But what to wear under it? Should I keep these or send them back? Help!

Again with this fix, the stylist was on target with what I like, but I had less luck with things fitting just right. In preparation for fix #3, I'm going to do some tinkering with my profile and also maybe request some accessories. I can't tell you how fun it is to open this box of goodies...I'm sort of in love with the idea of secret shopping by mail! We'll see how it goes come April! 

No comments:

Post a Comment