It's Here! Stitchfix #3

Thursday, April 24, 2014

This one was a let down. I expected this to happen before now, but it turned out that I kept nothing from this shipment, which included some white skinny jeans, a racerback tank, short sleeved blouse, striped jacket, and a dress.

I have a few complaints. Stitchfix is big on promoting detailed feedback, which I have provided. For example, when they sent me a belted dress in Fix #1, I explained that items that hit at the waist never, ever work. This fix's dress had a distinct waist. I had also mentioned that while I love flowy, blousy tops, they always require a smaller size than typical straight fitting shirts. I got another flowy shirt that I loved but was too large. So I have no idea how it works and whether it's formulaic or whatnot, but the whole point is, it's not supposed to seem formulaic. They market it as a personal stylist who selects things just for you and those previous bits of feedback sort of felt ignored.

All whining aside, I do think I will try again. A few of the items were near misses, certainly more so than my above tirade would make it seem. When I took it out of the box, I hated the Myla Tribal Detailed Racerbank Tank by Collective Concepts, but when I put it on, I actually really liked it. The coral color was fun and those black and white V details were really great. But the racerback style is tricky and actually, the armholes were too snug and after a few minutes, it became uncomfortable. Not sure it flattered my hip area either...

You'll see the Kensie Ankle Biter Skinny Jeans. In white. Tight white. The photo does not reveal the bumps and lumps but they are there. The end. I liked this assymetrical Mojo Striped Ponte Moto jacket by Sanctuary but it arrived with some dirt on the sleeve. Not sure I wanted to pay for it and risk not being able to get it clean. Plus, me and mostly white clothing tends to not end well.

I shall not bother to terrorize you with a photo of me in the Mathilde Cap Sleeve Abstract Print Dress by Angie. It wasn't as terrible as one might think but the top was way too big, even if you account for the intended blousy style on this type of thing. I liked the pattern but the polyester/rayon blend felt icky. And finally, the near-miss of this Lace Detailed Short Sleeve Blouse. Again with the polyester and again with the too-largeness. It really doesn't look awful in the pic but it wasn't worth it. Plus, it was incredibly sheer (like, hello, belly button sheer). In my feedback, I described my disappointment both specifically and generically. Hopefully that will improve the next one due to arrive mid-May!

No comments:

Post a Comment