Clothes...I Hate Them

Thursday, May 8, 2014


I hate clothes. Not because I'm a nudist at heart. Oh heck no. But because selecting them and feeling good about them is torture. I've always wanted a life uniform and firmly believe that men's attire is where it's at. A shirt, a pair of pants, add a tie if you're feeling creative, repeat. For women, there are too many options. And how on earth, after all these years of clothing, have they not figured out how to make some sort of consistent size scale??? 

It was a wardrobe malfunction kind of morning. Season transitions always have me in a tizzy with chilly mornings and warm afternoons. What's the best shoe for this temperature? Are people still rocking boots, will my feet be cold in flats? My lightweight coat is 6 seasons old and wasn't cool 6 seasons ago but after months of piling it on, coatless feels exposed! Nothing fits well right now (cheers to the oncoming bathing suit season because that is a boat load of fun when you feel like a stuffed sausage) and I am so sick of each of the 122 cardigans in my closet.

It all comes down to my inability to make good choices when purchasing clothes both in terms of selecting "cool" pieces and things that flatter. That insufficiency is never more clear than when getting ready each morning. Maybe everyone feels this way, but I hate everything I have and have no clue how to combine items to make an "outfit." Even if I replicate suggestions from the interwebs, things just look bad on me. I'm half tempted to torch everything and start over, but I'm afraid I would find myself in the exact same place yet again. Ideas? Suggestions? Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment