Stitchfix #4 - The Breakup Box

Thursday, May 22, 2014

What is that expression? All good things have to end? My journey with Stitchfix came to abrupt stop yesterday with the arrival of box #4. As you might recall, it was getting a little iffy last time when I returned all 5 items from my last fix. The nail in the coffin was these:

I'm not quite certain what "Emma" was thinking. Maybe these are uber trendy for this season but even if a crystal ball from the fashion future pegged stonewashed denim cargo shorts as a must have for the next century there is no way I would ever wear them. Never. No. Just no.

I still got excited when I saw the box at my doorstep and will admit that I love the concept of having a secret little present shipped to me. But it's no longer worth it. While I've liked most pieces, sizes and fit have been a struggle. This time I had a new stylist who was excited to have selected these items for "my trip." She mentioned it twice on her note to me as justification for the pieces and the funny part is, I'm not going on any trips and never included anything about a trip in my profile or feedback. So now I have these amazing denim cargo shorts and just no where to wear them!

This fix included two shirts, a pair of skinny jeans, the dreaded shorts, and a necklace. The Adora Skinny Jeans in "canteloupe" were pretty awful...bright, nearly florescent orange that someone hip to the jive might be able to pull off, but not me. They're pictured in the photo of the necklace below. I was excited to get a taste of their accessories with the Bella Boutique Claire Sterling Silver Tassel Necklace but at $58 with a strange blend of silver and gold, it wasn't quite what I wanted. And unfortunately, yet again, I got a really cute top that is just too big. The Laine Hi-Lo navy blue shirt with the cutout detail really was kind of cute, but as you can see, the arm pit area did not quite fit. I kept the Cosette Top by Ezra. Nice comfy knit shirt in a neutral gray fancied up a bit with the crochet detail.

As I mentioned in my feedback and message to customer service, the sizing stuff just isn't worth the hassle anymore. I would rather browse through Nordstrom Rack or even Target and pick things I'm really comfortable wearing that are flattering. I am glad I tried it and can imagine that it works well for other people, but it turned out not to be my jam. Adios Stitch Fix!


1 comment:

  1. Those shorts. To take from a previous post... OMG! Can't even! I just received rockbox as a gift - check it out. Jewels!

    ReplyDelete