It's Here! Stitchfix #6

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Stitchfix is an addiction. I've gotten used to the excitement of coming home to a box of surprises and may have to reign it in a bit. I signed up for another shipment in August but the move in September could provide a catalyst for a break...

Haley was my stylist again and did a pretty good job. Actually, I think I've only ever kept tops from fixes and with this go around, I found a dress and necklace! I started with the two blouses -- the Egret Embroidery Tank Top and the Anabelle Lattice Detail Sleeveless Blouse, both by Under Skies. I liked them a lot. The embroidery tank was quite similar to an item from my first fix. Same designer, same issue with the armholes. And while the Annabelle top fit slightly better I knew I would never wear it given that it would require a strapless or racer back bra, and I just can't be bothered (lazy).

Then the shorts. As we may recall, the last time Stitchfix sent me shorts, they also sent me over the edge. Entirely different story with these babies made by Level 99. They fit great, were incredibly comfortable and were a fun pattern. Generally, if I integrate patterns into my clothes, it's usually only with tops so I was excited to see a way that I could spice things up on the lower half. Plus, they were my three favorite colors - black, white and grey. HA. However, they were $78 and you know what, I just don't wear shorts enough to justify that. And when I do, it's generally at the lake where honestly, the fanciest item I put on my body is a v-neck tee shirt. Reluctantly, they went back.

I wasn't holding out much hope for the Nils Swing Dress by Three Dots. Three Dots is a great brand that features super soft comfy material and this dress is stretchy, silky cotton bliss. I put it on, and honestly, it wasn't bad. I was shocked. Somehow, a dress with a seam at the hips wasn't an utter nightmare on my weird torso. Then I started to really like it. Simon did too, so it's a keeper ( please don't say you think it is horrid). Oh! It has pockets!!! Eeee!

The necklace really forced me out of my comfort zone in accessorizing...basically that's the "I have one necklace that I wear with everything zone." But I've been eyeing pieces like this, it was a good deal ($38) and I enjoyed how it looked with the dress. Someone please toss out some ideas on how else to wear this. I've never tried such a bold, chunky piece...help!

So that's the fix. Let's take a moment to acknowledge Merwin, who sat patiently as I hemmed and hawed over these things. Thanks little doggy.

1 comment:

  1. love the dress and the necklace! i wear mine like that all the time over a chambray button down!

    ReplyDelete