Scenes From The Weekend

Monday, July 28, 2014

This is me being a show-off while simultaneously revealing (more of) my oddities. We all know I love my dog. I happen to like this photo of the dog on the deck so he gets included here. Next to the dog is a photo of a garden gnome. A few years ago my little brother purchased a ceramic gnome for my dad as well as a set of acrylic paints to personalize this gnome. Surprisingly to all of us, my dad actually did this activity and enjoyed it. So last Christmas I was gifted my own paintable gnome, as seen below. While Simon went to work Friday, I parked myself on the deck and probably spent a total of 10 hours painting this thing. I loved every minute. This task was the perfect blend of creativity, productivity and therapy. I may have grown a little too attached...

1 comment: