The Batcident

Thursday, June 11, 2015

I awoke today at 2:30am to Simon shrieking, crawling out the bedroom door and yelling "COVER YOUR HEAD!" It was terrifying. In retrospect, this image is absolutely hysterical...every time I think about it, I giggle like a maniac.

Back to that moment between sleep and groggy awakeness. As I slowly came to, my mind caught up to the fact that there was a dark shape swooping overhead, dive bombing the bed. I cowered under the covers as Simon took action.

Eventually the BAT (the bat! a bat!) was persuaded from the bedroom and promptly disappeared. Oh, trust me, we hunted. We turned on every light, batted at the drapes, scanned any potential hang-able surface, poked a broomstick in every dark corner, and scoured all the nooks and crannies. No sightings or signs of Bat Boy. We sealed ourselves in the bedroom, slept for a few hours, then resumed the mission at a more respectable hour.

Still haven't found him. A guy from the building's management office stopped over to help, and suggested we release "the dog" so he could hunt it down. I explained that he clearly wasn't familiar with "the dog" who had been lounging around all day unaware that a mouse-with-wings had infiltrated his territory. Anyway the bat expert produced nothing and left secretly happy that he wasn't the one to remove the thing.

Now we wait. We wait for the sun to set and for the darkness of his nocturnal paradise to lure him out of his cozy hiding place. I have a plan. Nothing could possibly go wrong when I have a plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment