Scenes From The Weekend - Adventure Sunday

Monday, June 8, 2015

I had to head down to work for a bit on Saturday so we didn't make the weekly trek to the lake this weekend. It has been a long time since we've been in Portsmouth on a weekend so we dubbed Sunday "date day" (cringe) and decided to make the most of the Seacoast.

We've been wanting to explore Mount Agamenticus, a former ski mountain about 25 minutes north of us in Maine. Simon hadn't been but had heard that the peek featured views of New Hampshire's White Mountains, the Atlantic Ocean, and little towns scattered throughout this coastal part of Maine. Sounded good to me and Merwin just goes wherever we take him.

We opted for the Ring Trail, a 2.2 mile loop around the mountain that included a few smaller jaunts that could take you to the summit. Really excellent trail with some rocks and climbing but not such a steep ascent that the ridiculously out of shape individuals among us (just me) had trouble. And the views from the top were as promised - stunning! We even came across some remnants of the ski lift in the woods.





























We dropped the tuckered out dog at home and grabbed some delicious wings before hitting the links! Captain's Cove Adventure Golf in Hampton was a blast. Simon took an early lead and I was pretty sure I was done for, just as I generally am in every game I play with him. But I took the lead after the front 9. It may have had something to do with Simon putting his ball off the green, hahaha. But I ended the game with a hole in one and reigned victorious. This does not happen often, so we reveled in my victory at Lago's Ice Cream in Rye - yum!

Boring, but necessary grocery shopping followed, before we settled in for Mad Max Fury Road at the Portsmouth theater. I love anything post-apocalyptic and with a super strong female character leading the way, it did not disappoint. Actually, we both absolutely loved it. It was a great ending to a really great day. Simon would argue that watching the Cardinals take on the Dodgers was the actual great ending to the great day, but I'm still transitioning from hockey heartbreak to baseball. Anyhow super fun Sunday to kick off the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment