Scenes From The Weekend

Tuesday, May 26, 2015



We headed up to Round Pond Friday morning and both put in a solid day's worth of day job work before kicking back for Memorial Day Weekend (best remote office ever). Saturday and Sunday consisted of more projects including our first indoor paint job - a couple coats on the bathroom walls and ceiling. The paint's dinginess had been bothering Simon since we moved in two years ago so this task was long overdue. Even though we "changed" the color from white to white, the freshness made a big difference. Naturally, I took no photos.

A college friend ventured over from her family's place on Great East Lake (a large lake just a short walk away from our own) for dinner Sunday night followed by a Rangers loss to put them on the brink of playoff elimination (definitely the low point of an otherwise exceptional weekend). I took no photos of this either although I doubt anyone wants to see me pouting in my Rangers gear.

Monday brought more friends and relaxation. Despite the cloudiness, we finally put the boats on the water for a few quick paddles and some close encounters with the loons. They are enormous. Merwin-sized. Really incredible to see them up close. Delicious dinner, gaming, general laziness, ice cream and another canoe to finish off the night. Of course, I captured zero photos of these adventures. 

Instead I took yet another snapshot of the lake before we ventured south this morning. I have hundreds of these pictures and really, the lake doesn't exactly change much but I just couldn't resist trying to capture its early morning stillness and tranquility. Such a great spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment