Zombies!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012


I know I've expressed my obsession with the apocalypse.  Although I've read oodles of fictional stories about it, I haven't spent much time exploring the idea of a zombie apocalypse.  Sweeping environmental catastrophes caused by human abuse of the planet, yes.  Strange viruses that mysteriously wipe out the population, yes.  Crazy genetically-engineered plants that turn against their creators and devour humans, yes.  But I've always hesitated when it comes to zombies.  Perhaps because it seems slightly unrealistic--haha.

We started watching The Walking Dead, AMC's TV series featuring an injured cop who wakes up from a coma to find that zombies have taken over the world.  I'm hooked.  Not to mention, freaked out.  Those things are nasty!  And terrifying!  And quite realistic!  I've got to stop watching the show at night because sleep is hard to come by and riddled with freaky dreams of rotten, fleshy faces.  Despite that, I highly recommend it, especially if you like to hide your head in your hands and peak out of the corner of your eye at the screen. 

1 comment:

  1. hmmm...this post is quite a juxtaposition to the last post...zombies taking over the world would certainly change the rules humans play by now!
    Scary stuff isn't my idea of a good time so I'll leave you to tell me all about it and then there are no blaring visuals to take to bed with me...hehe

    ReplyDelete