Meeting Yet Another Merwin

Monday, March 19, 2012

We took a little jaunt south on Friday night to visit my brother in New Haven, CT.  Pete is working on getting his Masters in Sculpture and just finished installing his thesis show, so we took a look at that and also experienced his studio, a really amazing space he's crafted into his own zone of artistic mayhem.  It's very him, and he explained that most of the things he has in there are found items--from pieces of his artwork to his furniture, rugs, and tools.  It was pretty awesome and a world totally different than my own--when I need something, I check Target before I scour the streets.

We finished up our visit at the Caseus Fromagerie and Bistro, a scrumptious French restaurant on the outskirts of Yale's campus.  Highlights included to-die-for French onion soup, one of my favorites, as well as the grilled cheese, which was nearly a pound of melty cheeses nestled between thick, rustic slices of bread. Yum.

On our way back to Pete's studio, we passed this art shop.  The shop is most certainly named after the dog. Simply no other explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment