Peanut Butter Pie

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Peanut butter plays a big role in our household. The dog devours his peanut butter based treats and gets a Kong of the good stuff if we leave the house for extended periods of time. One of Simon's favorite snacks is a PB-smothered, toasted English muffin, and my favorite summertime treat is Vanilla Hagen Daas ice cream topped with melted Skippy Natural. It's indulgent and a bit ridiculous, but boy is it good.

I was itching to try a peanut butter based dessert recipe, and came across this one for individual peanut butter pies. I figured making small versions of something so rich would help make it a teensy bit less sinful. Poor logic. They're really delicious, and I forced myself to bring a couple to work, so I wouldn't go nuts (pun intended) gorging on them at home.  Words of advice: whip this up sometime, but try not to look at the ingredients when you do. Eeek.

1 comment:

  1. Ymmmmmmy...will you make sure they are on the menu next time I visit?

    ReplyDelete