HBD Merwin!

Thursday, September 19, 2013

We've reached that crucial day of the year again...the one where I make a fool of myself staging an elaborate birthday celebration for a DOG. It's not even his birthday. We haven't a clue when he was born but nonetheless spend time and money to create a birthday-like fiesta in honor of his adoption day. As whacked out as it is, I'm embracing it because it plain and simple makes me happy. Past years have gone something like this:

September 19, 2012--Learning the joy of spoiling.
September 19, 2013--Got this birthday thing down pat.
So yeah, there is usually a cake-type thing, a toy-type thing and some idiotic birthday party element...a sign he can't read, a ribbon, a bow, a gift bag...you name it, I'll uselessly do it. After all, this is really a party for me since the dog has no idea that this day is any different than any other. Stay tuned for photographic (or perhaps videographic) evidence of the nuttiness. I've got a plan!

1 comment: