Places To Travel - The Final Destination!

Tuesday, September 17, 2013



Whew, I'm glad we're reaching the end of this silly task as it is really making me restless. I saved the real kicker for last; we've been thinking about this potential trip to Argentina and Chile for quite some time. Ideally, it would be a three-week trek, including some time in Buenos Aires, Mendoza and Patagonia. I think I'll let some photos explain why this needs to happen. I'm giving myself a five year deadline for this to become reality!




This photo is rows of vineyards in Mendoza, a region in Argentina known for superb Malbecs and Temporanillos, some of my all-time favorite reds. So smack some wine together with some ri-dic-u-lous mountains and you have a happy Kelly.

But the clincher is Patagonia. It seems like Alaska on steroids. Glaciers, towering mountains, crystal clear green water, Antarctic (!!!!) seals, etc. At the risk of sounding creepy, it sort of makes me tingly even thinking about it. At the same time, I have no idea how best to tackle it, but Torres Del Paine, a national park in Chile, would top the list. And perhaps a lodge tucked into the mountains. I'll worry about the details later...

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    My friend Windsor is visiting and she was just telling me about her 2 &1/2 week trip to Argentina.
    She visited Mendoza and did a tour of the Andes.
    Check out Trout and Wine tours and Windsor has lots of places to recommend...funny you posted this today. Love the pics

    ReplyDelete