Working From Home

Saturday, November 8, 2014

I recently took on a split personality, at least when it comes to my working life. Three days a week, I commute into Cambridge while two days a week I work from home. The adjustment has been just that...an adjustment. At first it was tough to find a productive stride at home; I constantly got distracted by the pile of laundry or the stack of bills and other projects that tried to tempt me away from the laptop. Lately it seems a bit easier to manage my time, likely because work has gotten quite busy and there isn't a choice. But I also really want this structure to work. To my surprise, I like it a lot. The two days home help achieve a previously absent balance..I always felt the wear and tear of the five day a week routine but now the days are just different enough where it's more reasonable, more human somehow. I think more and more employers will start offering options like this to keep their workers happy. Why not? 

Merwin seems to like that I'm around more and it has been fun (and funny) to observe his daytime ways. Naturally, I took a few breaks to capture him in non-action over the past few weeks. He sure is a lazy dog.


No comments:

Post a Comment