Bark Box Happened

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Bark Box arrived last week and before I opened it, Merwin definitely knew it was for him. His snout was all over that cardboard like it was full of hyper squirrels covered in peanut butter. No such luck but it was stuffed with yummy and fun goodies. He received:

- A stuffed toy...abominable snowman type guy. I think they are in love. I caught them canoodling today. He also ripped a hole in its back so perhaps "it's complicated."

- A plastic squeaky stick. This could be better for a larger dog with bigger chompers. I'm not superwoman, but I had trouble making it squeak with my hands so I doubt he could on his own.

- A "deer stick." What in tarnation? Who knows, but he gobbled it right up and a few hours later vomited it right up. Gonna pass on these.

- Salmon jerky treats. Clearly revolting to me but he seems to love them.

- Turkey and pumpkin "off-leash stix." We haven't tried them yet but I am sure he will devour them since they meet his minimum requirement of being food.

All in all, the Bark Box experience was a good one. I looked into monthly subscriptions, which start at $19/month, and it doesn't seem worth it for Merwin with his stomach issues. When we find treats that don't make him upchuck, we tend to stick with those. That said, it was pretty great to see him so excited as I unsealed the box and dug in. Maybe I'll start giving him empty cardboard boxes spritzed with peanut butter perfume. 

No comments:

Post a Comment