Daily Delektables

Monday, March 30, 2015


Will I ever mature past the point of the "delektable" cheap trick? Maybe. Maybe not. Anyway after a few weeks of extra work hours, high stakes meetings (haha high stakes ballet meetings haha), and some serious neck pain that has persisted through it all, I've been seeking "self-care" products. Some to pamper, some to help control the stress, and some to prevent it from building up in the future. 

Jane Gee Aromatherapy Soaps
I'm a tad obsessed with Jane Gee, a natural products shop in Portsmouth that is seriously like a breath of fresh air. It's brimming with bath, beauty and cosmetic goodies and has this absolutely amazing smell when you enter. And that smell is their aromatherapy soaps. The display in the store doesn't hurt either; a sort of soap bar with bars lined up and beautifully packaged in kraft paper with a simple white wrap. Mmm, mmm, mmm. I've tried a bunch since discovering them this fall and my favorites have been the Lemongrass Sage, Oatmeal Milk and Honey, and Grapefruit Orange. This time around I grabbed Garden Mint and Lavender Spearmint. I also picked up a eucalyptus bath bomb which helped soothe those pesky neck knots. You can even order their soaps online.

Q and A a Day: A Five-Year Journal
After discovering my old journal last week, I've been trying to find a way to get back into the habit of journaling. The blog is a helpful tool but there's also something about actually writing (instead of typing) that is a useful outlet. I pulled out a blank book and, well, just stared at it. The pages were overwhelming and I wasn't sure where to start. So naturally, I turned to Amazon. And Amazon delivered! Well, not until Wednesday when they promise to bring me "Q and A a Day: A Five-Year Journal." A simple question a day but each question has the space for five years of answers. So for March 30, 2015 I'd answer "On a scale of 1-10, how happy are you?" then circle back to the same question a year down the road, two years down the road, etc. Could be interesting and I'm hoping the questions provide enough focus to avoid writer's block. I'll let you know how it goes!

Color Me Calm Coloring Book
I guess creativity is soothing. Although it's on backorder right now, I can't wait to get my hands on "Color Me Calm," a collection of 100 coloring templates for meditation and relaxation. Zen! Mandalas! Call me crazy (or 3 years old) but I think coloring would be a nice escape for a bit. I'll let you know how this goes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment