A Birthday...For The Dog

Monday, September 21, 2015

Merwin's birthday brings out the crazy in me. The reality is, September 19 is not even his birthday. We have no idea when his birthday is. But it is his "adoptiversary," and to me, that is ridiculously worth celebrating. In years past there have been pointless decorations, doggy cakes, "treat trails," etc. Over the top for a creature that doesn't have a clue. I can admit it. It's all for me.

This year, we headed up to the lake Friday night, I woke up Saturday and thought "whoops, it's Merwin's birthday. I've done nothing." PANIC ENSUED. Then I realized I could concoct a little birthday treat and he would have no clue that it was a last minute grasp at making the day special. So here is a glimpse at his birthday (basically like any of his other days) - a walk, a canoe, a nap and a big old frozen peanut butter yogurt cake. Yes he is sitting at a table. He's not an animal!

No comments:

Post a Comment