True Confession - Stitchfix #8

Thursday, September 17, 2015

I had an out of body moment and before I knew it I was logged onto Stitchfix ordering up another shipment. I think I blacked out. Anyway, it arrived as we were scrambling off to who knows where and I barely had a chance to try stuff on much less document the madness. I returned three items and kept two.

My stylist, Claire, faithfully honored each of my requests. I needed a pair of dark wash skinny jeans to go well with boots. The "Just Black" pair she sent were the perfect color but way too snug, low waisted and "ankle-length" which should just be called "awkward-length." Returned! I also wanted a cozy, warm, high-quality (wool, cashmere, aka material warm enough to keep me defrosted during February) sweater. She delivered with two. One was an oddly shaped "cross-over" number that clung to the wrong places, was baggy in the other wrong places and looked like it was designed for a non-human. The second sweater was almost a keeper...soft oatmeal color, warm, cowl neck, slouchy, fun zipper detail at the wrists, but it was slightly too big even accounting for the loose style. I knew if I kept it, I would never reach for it in the morning.

I snagged two great transitional tops that will hopefully be good for layering as it gets chillier. The first one, as Simon says, is "just a grey tee shirt." He's right. Until you see the back. Surprise! When I pulled the second top out of the box, I wasn't sure what to make of the pattern. But I tried it on, it worked, the material was super comfy and it fit well. Keeper! Whether or not I keep Stitchfix is another question...

No comments:

Post a Comment