Beautiful Day For A Wedding

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Whew! What a fun few days. We returned yesterday from a long weekend outside of Pittsburgh celebrating the nuptials of J and J. I met Jessie working at Paul Taylor Dance Company in New York eons ago. While she and her now hubby have since moved to the West Coast, we've kept in touch with the help of modern technology and I was thrilled to participate as a bridesmaid.

Simon and I expected we wouldn't know anyone else at the party. We'd met Jessie's cousin a few times, but other than that, it was hard to think of a wedding we attended knowing fewer people. The introvert in me was a bit nervous about 4 days among strangers.

Didn't matter for a second. It was all such a blast. They have the warmest, funnest and funniest group of friends I've encountered. The other bridesmaids were such a pleasure to spend time with and after three days together, I find myself missing them today. I didn't snag a lot of pictures of the festivities but trust me when I say the entire affair at the Succop Nature Park was just perfect. I have never in my life heard such perfect, thoughtful, and original vows, spoken to each other as the skies briefly opened in a sort of affirmation that beauty in life may not take the form you think, but it's there. It was a stunning moment. Here's a little taste of the weekend. Congrats J and J and have a fantabulous time in Mexico!

No comments:

Post a Comment