Mid Week Day Off

Friday, November 13, 2015

Everyone in our office chooses from a few different Floating Holidays to take off, and I ended up with Veteran's Day this year, which originally didn't make me so excited. I would've much preferred one of the Monday holidays to make a nice three-day weekend. What could I really do with a day mid-week? But it turned out to be relaxing and fun! Besides, I got to take a day that is actually really, really important. While we should honor our veterans every day, it felt nice to pause and celebrate them on Wednesday.

Simon and I started with a yummy breakfast at the Golden Egg over in Rye. Mmm. Then he dropped me off at the new French pastry place downtown, La Maison Navarre, where I ordered a delicious cafe au lait and an even more delicious chocolate petite choux. Drool. It was serene in there (and so very French!) and it was great to kill a little time before the natural foods store opened and I could grab a few items I needed to tackle a little DIY project. 

After sprinting home in the rain, I spent some time with Merwin and checked out the On Demand movies for some pre-holiday action. If you haven't seen Holiday in Handcuffs starring Melissa Joan Hart and Mario Lopez, you're really missing out. A waitress in the midst of a nervous breakdown kidnaps a handsome diner guest waiting for his girlfriend to arrive so he can propose. Instead he is forced to pose as the waitress's boyfriend for Christmas with her family. Amazing, right? I was pumped to get a little Christmas spirit (and have definitely broken all of my own pre-Thanksgiving Christmas enjoyment restrictions) before heading out to do some outlet shopping. 

I will admit that I watched a second Hallmark holiday movie that afternoon (The Mistletones, eeee!) after an unsuccessful DIY attempt (will spare you the details on that). Simon then finished up at work and we ended the day with a yummy dinner at Moxy's cozy little bar. 

Can't all days be like that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment