Visitors And Adventures

Monday, November 16, 2015

Wonderful weekend with some extra fun guests! My aunt, uncle, and their son were down in Boston on Friday so swung north for an overnight adventure in Portsmouth. Saturday was brisk and gusty so we walked around downtown then settled in for a late lunch at the River House. It was the last day of Portsmouth's Restaurant Week so we got a nice deal on a three-course lunch with (gasp!) midday cocktails. Then we dashed to nearby Wallis Sands Beach for a walk with Merwin before the sun settled in for the night. After some hemming and hawing, we ended up catching Bradley Cooper's new movie, Burnt, about a once washed up chef who's striving to achieve a third Michelin star. Yummy - both Bradley Cooper (teehee) and the scenes of delicious meals. We ended the night with a trip to Flatbreads for some pizza and the second brownie sundae of the day.

After our guests left Sunday, Simon, Merwin and I headed over to Maine to explore the York Land Trust's Highland Farm and Smelt Brook Preserves, two conservation properties tucked in the marsh just past Kittery. We spent an hour and half on the trails, and although I dread its arrival, I realized how much I love November. Walking in the woods with that distinct crunchy leaf smell and the brownish tan hues of the trees and brush. I can't make it sound like the way it made me feel, but I'm a big November advocate now. Go November! Be brown and crunchy! Ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment