Bad Dreams

Thursday, July 21, 2016

I've had my fair share. I'll remember two particular nightmares from my youth forever. Both involved being chased, one in my parents' backyard as a man turned those he could catch into stone while my mom played bridge up the hill inside the house. I could see her playing cards in the window but of course, couldn't call out for help. Classic dream scenario where you can't run and can't speak. Similar themes prevailed in dream #2.

The other night I had one of the worst dreams I can recall. I don't remember why but Simon and I were trying to kill Merwin. I still get cold chills when I think about it. Simon was tossing heavy books at him and I was repeatedly picking him up then dropping him on his head. He didn't show any effects of our attempts and I remember telling Simon "You're going to have to shoot him in the head."

WHAT THE HECK!? I'm not sure anyone understands any type of dream but what was going on there? Any dream analysts care to tackle that one? Yikes.

As I continue to mull this over, I'm putting new pieces together. When we woke up the next day, we discovered some, um, "gifts" that Merwin had deposited on the dining room carpet overnight. Perhaps part of me was aware of his naughty actions while I was slumbering. Or maybe this was his revenge poop for my macabre sub-conscious thoughts. Either way, I'm glad both of those incidents are behind us.

So cute and innocent!

No comments:

Post a Comment