Happy Birthday Merwin (The Dog)

Friday, September 23, 2016


Merwin's birthday came around again on Monday. We have no idea when his actual birthday is but September 19 is the day we adopted him, so we chose to celebrate it then. I've been a lunatic about it every year. I've also gotten less and less creative. This year I had dinner plans so rushed home, constructed a horrid looking treat and peanut butter tower and shoved it under his nose. Luckily, my thoughtful parents had sent some presents so the poor hound actually had something to open. Saved the day. Simon made fun of me as I was fretting about the (lack of) plans. He said "Oh yeah, if we don't have anything for him, whatever will he think!? What if we celebrate another day? Gasp!" I finally admitted that obviously this birthday nonsense is not about him. It's about me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment