Quick Trip To 'Cuse

Tuesday, April 24, 2018


We headed over to Syracuse this weekend to spend some QT with my parents, brother, and sister-in-law. On Saturday, my mom and aunt hosted a bridal shower for my cousin so I helped while the others did a bunch of work in the yard. On Sunday, I joined them. It was finally above freezing with bright sun so it was heavenly to be outside. Simon got an excellent chain sawing lesson from Pete, the first vegetables went into the garden (peas), and we rid the yard of most of the branches that had fallen throughout the winter.

It was like a breath of fresh air to be with my family, spend time outside in the sunshine, and have a little bit of good news about the doggy. Late last week, we learned that Merwin's cancer is more similar to a slower-acting, indolent lymphoma, meaning it's not a large-cell super aggressive type and hopefully has a much better prognosis. We'll treat him with some less intense drugs from home and see where it goes, but it was a sigh of relief for sure. A huge one. 

It seemed like the dog felt it too. He tore around that yard like it was his job. Outside all day every day, romping across the fields, chasing his ball, tracking scents, and rampaging through the woods. I really do think this is his favorite place in the world and it was wonderful to see him so active and vibrant. It was peaceful. Right, Dad?

1 comment: