Gettin' My Fix - Stitchfix #14

Thursday, April 26, 2018

I really think Ja'nae just gets me. My last fix was on point and this was one also delivered. I had specifically requested some dark wash slightly bootcut jeans as well as a silver pendant necklace. Both pieces were included, but I ended up returning them. I tried the jeans first, excited to see that they were Kut from the Kloth, a denim brand I have had good luck with. However, they were too short and too boot-cut for my taste. In the short time I wore them, they also stretched, sagging around the waist. But I really liked the lighter wash and plan to look for some similar skinny jeans at TJ Maxx.

The oatmeal colored sleeveless top with lace trim by Loveappela was super cute...totally my type of thing, but it wasn't flattering. Kind of blah. And the pendant necklace was cheap looking and a bit too bulky to be something I'd wear often. Three strikes!

Then I pulled the Market & Spruce Henley Style Stop out of the box. Yum! A bold navy and white checked pattern, a flattering pleat in the back, and soft flowy material made this an instant favorite. I put it on and knew it was a keeper. I debated a bit longer about the navy linen blazer from Skies Are Blue. I really liked it, but wasn't sure if I had enough complimentary pieces. I tried it a few ways and realized it would be great over dresses for all of my business meetings (hahaha) or more casually paired with gray, white, or regular jeans. I don't have any other blazers and really liked the way it fit. Keeper!

While I only purchased two items, this latest Fix really hit the nail on the head. I made sure to relay that in the feedback survey, which is a helpful way of sharing why certain things worked and others didn't, hopefully making the next shipment even better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment