Lucky Number 13

Monday, January 29, 2018

StitchFix sucked me back in. It didn't take much - just an email offer that was too good to refuse. $49 for UNLIMITED fixes over a year. Plus, that $49 gets applied to your order. So essentially, the offer was a free personal stylist for 12 months. Sure, I don't really NEED any clothes...at all. Like I literally have nowhere to go that requires certain clothes. But then I thought about it/stretched way into the ether to find some excuse and realized that with this consulting stuff, there have been some meetings where I've been flummoxed about what to wear. After seven years in the JMBT basement in jeans and comfy sweaters, I didn't exactly have a robust professional wardrobe. Uh huh.

So I ordered a fix. I don't know if they are wrong or if I am wrong (fancy that), but StitchFix said it was my 13th delivery! That surprised me, but I gotta say, JaNae really delivered. More so than with any of my other shipments and stylists, she absolutely nailed my preferences. I really, really liked everything in the box which is pretty unusual. 

The first thing I tried was a pair of black, pull-on, slightly boot cut, patterned pants made by Margaret M. Trouser type things, but in a heavenly stretchy material. They fit great but as I moved around in them, the waistband gapped and they got a little saggy in places. I have a pair of business appropriate black pants that I like, so I didn't think it was worth the $98 for these. On to the green crochet detail top by Skies are Blue. Love it. Totally my thing. So much my thing though, that I already have a few similar tops. And apparently, it wrinkles easily. Back it goes!

From there, I moved onto the open detail cardigan by Bobeau. At first, I didn't get it and the draping seemed weird. Actually, I decided against it, but when I put it back on today to take a photo, I fell in love with it. I found a second button to help get the drape just right and the material is incredibly soft. I can see myself wearing this often. While it's not super warm, I do have to remember that while we have 3-5 months of tundra, it does eventually get warmer here. So I'm leaning toward keeping it...eeek.

The other item that's a definite keeper is this slouchy pullover sweater with contrast detail by Harper Lane. OMG. While I love it and it's something I'm totally comfy wearing, it's also something I'd never pick off the rack to try. Which is what I love about StitchFix. Take me out of my zone...a little bit anyway. The final item in the box was a lovely warm brown tote. The straps on my current bag of choice had become frayed and gross so I really needed a replacement. Unfortunately, while I loved the color and the texture, this one was just a bit too small to be useful for what I envisioned. Very tempting, but not worth $54.

All in all, I was super impressed with the Fix this time around. I'm going to have to employ some major self control to not get fixes up the wazoo. It's so fun though!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment