Winter Survival Guide

Tuesday, January 23, 2018


In winter especially, I love reading and I hate to be cold. My fam knows it too, really coming through this Christmas/birthday season to help ensure cozy days and good reads. Manufactured in Denmark, Glerups slippers will change your life. Soft, warm, felted wool encases your feet and a thick padded sole feels heavenly underfoot. I opted for the boot version (pictured above) but they also make a more traditional slipper and even offer a rubber sole. Honestly, I had helped my dad pick them out for my mom for Christmas, but they were slightly too small, so we ordered her a replacement pair and I finagled my way into the originals. Daughter of the year award.

That purple thing up there is a heated throw. Just like one of those old school electric blankets but smaller and more suitable to the couch. Or, if you have the sweetest husband in the world, he can throw it on the bed 30 minutes before his wife goes to sleep so she doesn't have to slip into chilly sheets. This one is made by Sunbeam and is available on Amazon in a variety of colors. Essential for a chilly home and to avoid that dreaded icy bed feeling!

So my feet are warm and I'm encased in electric heat to settle down with my new Poetry Magazine, a monthly compilation put out by the Poetry Foundation, an organization dedicated to making poetry more visible and influential in our culture. Over 100 years old, the magazine has and continues to print excellent contemporary poetry no matter the style, subject, or genre.

Bring it on January and February and March and part of April and who knows maybe some days in May. I'm ready to weather your storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment