Spring Cleaning

Monday, May 14, 2018

I've never been one for yard work, just ask my mom and dad. Perhaps I've changed my ways because we spent the last few weekends knee deep in dirt and leaves, tidying up the Round Pond property for summer guests. I loved it! 

The first spring we owned the place I distinctly remember Simon working hard to convince me we needed to rake all the leaves around the house. I was afraid it wouldn't look natural if we did that (also, see note about not enjoying yard work). Needless to say, he won the argument and the annual rake has been our first activity every opening weekend. We added some mulch around our little forsythia trees and under the rhododendron, constructed a stone border for the periwinkle imported from the Vineyard, axed out an old stump in preparation for a new Cypress tree, trimmed up the prickers and weeds along the lakefront, and raked the entire driveway. Some deck furniture got dusted off and placed on the deck and we are ready for YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment