Scenes From The Weekend

Monday, August 18, 2014

What can I say that hasn't already been said? For me, the lake is perfect and being at the lake is perfect. As I've said to Simon it makes me so thrilled when people visit and seem to get similar things from it. It doesn't even have to be that the place brings them the same things, I just love that others even want to experience it. I don't know if it makes sense but when something is great for me, I love being able to share it with others and also have it be great for them. It's nice to see that the lake is enjoyable for both us and people we love.

Weekend highlights include Merwin learning that he can't actually stand on the bow of the kayak when we are out to sea. His whole little self plopped into the water and went under, so I'm not sure he'll join me kayaking again soon. Simon whipped up some incredible feasts and we finally tried out making s'mores in the little chiminea. Sunday morning we watched a great blue heron who seems to have made a home on the point across the way. Despite the odd August chillines and strong breeze later that day, everyone pitched in to move our floating raft which required physical braun and mental toughness as nine degrees contributed to the planning. In the end, it was easier to just do it then to talk about doing it. HA!

The close of the weekend included a canoe and kayak expedition. As we pushed off from shore, that late-afternoon slanting sun radiated across the water and it was serene, peaceful and perfect.

1 comment: