DIYing

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

If you'd like to read that title as "dying" that's fine too seeing that you'll likely be dying with laughter when you see the photos from this little project. We have an outdoor bench and matching table set on a platform looking out over the water. Nice little spot but both pieces of furniture have seen better days with the wood quite deteriorated. So my little bro suggested I brush on some teak oil to strengthen the wood and keep it from completely drying out. Perfect!

Genius me decided that this would be a great DIY moment to feature on the blog. I snapped a before photo, a project selfie, and an after photo. Aside from the crazy look in my eyeballs as I tackled the painting, there is absolutely nothing to see here. With the exception of my terrible photography skills featuring dramatically different lighting and my own shadow in the after photo, the before and after pics look virtually the same. In real life, the wood is a shade darker and seems more resilient. The experience, however, made me realize that I'll be sticking to posting pointless blabbering and sunset photos from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment