Zen Moment At The Pond

Monday, July 24, 2017

Sometimes when you need a reminder of something, it comes. This little box decorated in blue was part of MJ's yoga studio, greeting students and offering Zen quotes that may make you "smile or shake your head." I was hanging out with my five-month old buddy Helen Jane this past week during her family's visit to Round Pond, and she helped me select a slip of paper from the box. I was struck by how fitting the words seemed in this moment. Maybe it's like horoscopes which are so cleverly written to speak directly to each reader's issue, but it really felt like this blip of poetry was perfectly suited. A reminder to just be - no pressure to feel a certain way, desire anything in particular, or work towards any goal or usefulness. A message I was grateful to receive during this little life pause. Delivered with the help of guardian angels and those they watch over.

Excerpt from Sonnet IV Personal Talk
William Wordsworth

To sit without emotion, hope, or aim,
In the loved presence of my cottage-fire,
And listen to the flapping of the flame,
Or kettle whispering its faint undersong.

No comments:

Post a Comment